Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Mermaid's Pajamas

Today I was the Little Mermaid for a 5-year-old afternoon "pajama party" - and the birthday girl wanted the mermaid to come in pajamas too!

A mermaid? In pajamas??

Well.. I guess the Little Mermaid in the story does become human, so why not a humanized-mermaid-in-pajamas? I looked through the closet and found some green pj pants and .. ooh, an excuse to wear my fantastic Turtle Slippers!  I never pass up a chance to wear the turtle slippers... if you were a mermaid wouldn't you wear these too?

It was a really fun show.  This birthday girl had me as Cinderella last year and seemed to remember the experience well, even asking for one of the magic tricks "Cinderella" did with her - but not recognizing me as the same entertainer at all!  A princess is a princess, I guess.  :) 

Everyone wanted their faces painted as mermaids.. the lack of tail didn't seem to bother them at all.  I love being the Mermaid but .. part of me wishes I could do every show in pajamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment